Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 14 - Day Off in Ottawa, ON



It was a much needed and wonderful day off!

We began the day at the usual-ish time. We met at approximately 9:30 and headed for Ottawa minus the u-haul! We were able to leave the trailer in the parking lot of the church where we played on May 4th.

I drove today, which meant that I was not able to do my usual morning prayer myself, so I asked whether the others would be up for doing it out loud. Everyone was okay with this and so Nate took us through the office. I quite enjoyed this. There is something nice about hearing the office read aloud and Nate did a great job.

Once in Ottawa, I met my former cello professor (who now teaches at the UofOttawa) for lunch, while Johnny met up with his sister and the rest of the band went for lunch and then a tour of the Parliament buildings.

At around 3:00 Eric, Nate and I went to the war museum, while Megan, Justin and Brad went shopping (Johnny was still with his sister). We had a great supper at a small restaurant called “The Rotten Tomato” or something like that. It was really, really good.
And then we found our way back to our SUV and headed back to Westport.

Ottawa was the farthest east that we will be going on this tour, and so we have now officially begun heading back home! The next few days will be long driving days with two more shows squeezed in!

We all had a great time together today and I am looking forward to being back in my own bed. But I am also feeling sad that the tour is coming to a close. For the first few days of the tour I kept asking myself “What I am doing here?” Now I have a much better sense of my place with the group and the ways we interact, and I have surprised myself with how much I have enjoyed the trip. It is a good group and it will be good to end the trip, it shouldn’t be any longer, but a trip exactly like this will never happen again. There will be other trips and other tours, but this has been a unique experience. Thanks be to God.

Highlights:
1 – Rest and relaxations.
2 – No packing of the U-Haul – YEAH!
3 – A great Supper together.
4 – The War Museum and Parliament Buildings

Quotes:
She wasn’t gonna go, then I told her she’s gotta go, now she’s gonna go. – Johnny

That's it for now...

No comments: