Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 17: Kenora, ON - May 8


(This picture is from Sudbury, ON - The Band during the show!)

So we are now in Kenora, Ontario. Just a few hours from home!
We performed the last show of the tour tonight.

It was a good show, and a fitting end to a fabulous tour. At one point during the performance Nate and Justin put their guitars to the side, picked up drum sticks and helped Johnny with a drum solo. It was really fun to watch.

I have found myself really enjoying the bands performance. I know most of the words and I have almost lost my voice singing into the music. The better they play, the better I run the powerpoint! It’s funny how that happens! But there are certain parts of their performance that I look forward to. I like it when: Nate and Justin jump in the air, Johnny performs a particularly good drum solo, Megan sings a piece in a particularly moving way and Eric finds a new way to describe where Megan is from. It’s hard for me to believe, but I am really going to miss my daily worship with Aslan’s Child.

Of course, it will be wonderful to be back home and sleeping in my own bed!

There was an extra special guest at our performance tonight – Bryce turned up, just before the end. The College Singers returned back from their tour a day before we did. So Bryce got in his car and drove out here to meet Megan and bring her home a day early. So we have already lost a member of the band, although she will be joining us at Providence when we are scheduled to be back – 11:30 tomorrow.

So there is not much more for me to say. We made it safely from Thunder Bay to Kenora. There was a bit of construction, but it wasn’t too bad. Nate drove today and was great, especially at backing the trailer up to the church in Kenora. Brad and I were sitting in the third row of seats today and played an “Oat Show” game. “Eric’s head is the backboard” but instead it turned into “Justin’s head is the backboard.” It was really fun and the whole SUV got involved by the end.

We are tired, but still getting along. I realized that in previous posts I never kept an update on Megan's voice. Megan's voice returned on Tuesday, so after taking Sunday off and no show in Monday in Ottawa, the band was back to normal. So the show in Sudbury and the one today in Kenora both highlighted the wonderful voice of Megan, once again.

It has been a great tour.

The Lord almighty grant us a quiet night and peace at the last.
Amen

That’s it for now…

No comments: